The new product protects contractors' property, covers loss of income in the event of a loss and liability coverage protection from contractual liability and third-party lawsuits.
PRODUCT: Arbella's Edge for Contractors
COMPANIES: Arbella Insurance
BEST RATING: A
AVAILABILITY: Appointed agents and brokers only
FOCUS: While many insurance carriers will write contractors, Arbella Insurance has taken what was already a competitive coverage offering and made it broader and easier for agents and customers to secure with its enhanced forms.
In addition, Arbella has released Contractor CGL Enhancement Plus, an expanded version of the Contractor CGL Enhancement endorsement, which includes several improvements on the previous policy.
“This product broadens coverage for contractors to allow Arbella agents and insureds a comprehensive property and liability coverage solution, readily available without having to go back and forth between the agency and carrier," says David Zawilinski, director, commercial lines underwriting, Arbella Insurance. “It protects the contractors' property, including equipment and their employees' tools, loss of income in the event of a loss and liability coverage protection from contractual liability and third-party lawsuits."
COVERAGE DETAILS: Edge for Contractors is an enhanced version of Arbella's Contractor Spotlight. Coverage highlights include:
- Business income, extra expense, actual loss sustained coverage based on a 12-month indemnification period.
- Contractor's equipment and employee tools coverages.
- Forgery and alteration coverage.
- Increased limits of insurance under contractor's tools and installation coverages.
Contractor CGL Enhancement Plus is an expanded version of Arbella's Contractor CGL Enhancement endorsement. Additional coverages and improvements include:
- Broadened property damage coverage for personal property of others and borrowed equipment not used on the job site.
- Blanket additional insured coverage, including completed operations coverage for people or organizations for whom work is performed.
- General aggregate limits on both a per-location and per-project basis.
UNDERWRITING: Rates for contractors will depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the classification of the risk itself and any special exposure of the specific insured, as well as the particular loss experience of the applicable contractor. Preferred clients are contractors who are committed to safety and disciplined risk management practices to protect their employees, customers and the general public.
TARGET: Trade contractors and subcontractors that specialize in work related to commercial buildings and personal residences.
COVERAGE AVAILABILITY: Available in MA, CT, NH and RI.
CONTACT: David Zawilinski, director, commercial lines underwriting, Arbella Insurance.
Will Jones is editor-in-chief.