Nonprofits Insurance Alliance members can purchase a sublimit amount of coverage to protect their organizations from liability claims arising from communicable disease.
PRODUCT: NIA NONPROFITS OWN® Communicable Disease Liability Insurance
COMPANIES: Nonprofits Insurance Alliance (NIA)
BEST RATING: A (Excellent)
AVAILABILITY: Available to appointed agents and brokers only.
FOCUS: NIA is a leader in providing insurance for nonprofits with innovative coverages such as improper sexual conduct and physical abuse liability (ISCPA) as well as flat fee directors & officers. These coverages significantly increase the number of nonprofits that can afford insurance for their boards.
By offering communicable disease liability insurance, NIA has developed coverage to protect nonprofits throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
“For the past 30 years, NIA has offered communicable disease coverage for 95% of our members," says Brian Johnson, chief underwriting officer, NIA. “Due to the change in reinsurance casualty treaties, NIA has worked toward an innovative, reliable solution to continue to offer coverage to protect nonprofits serving communities across the country."
COVERAGE DETAILS: NIA members can purchase a sublimit amount of coverage to protect their organizations from liability claims arising from communicable disease.
Coverage highlights include:
- $250,000 limit, which includes attorneys' fees and defense costs.
- Coverage for bodily injury or property damage caused by the transmission of a communicable disease or act or omission of an insured in the supervision, hiring, employing, training or monitoring of any person that may be or is infected with or spreads a communicable disease.
- Testing for a communicable disease.
- Actual or alleged failure to prevent the spread of a communicable disease.
- Actual or alleged failure to report to authorities a communicable disease or any person or place that may be infected.
UNDERWRITING: Each risk will be individually evaluated and underwritten.
MINIMUM PREMIUM: N/A
TARGET: 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
COVERAGE AVAILABILITY: AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IA, KA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, SD, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA and WI.
CONTACT: Appointed brokers should contact their NIA underwriter. General broker inquires can be sent via email.
Will Jones is IA editor-in-chief.