PRODUCT: Workers compensation
COMPANIES: Three divisions of Glatfelter Program Managers, a division of Glatfelter Insurance Group: Glatfelter Healthcare Practice, Glatfelter Public Practice and Glatfelter Religious Practice
BEST RATING: Admitted by a carrier rated A (Excellent), Size XV
AVAILABILITY: Coverage is available on an open-brokerage basis, but workers comp is currently only available to support existing package business written in eligible segments.
In the Glatfelter Public Practice division, some states have exclusive access points through which Glatfelter accepts business for retail agents.
FOCUS: Glatfelter Program Managers recently launched a new comprehensive workers compensation program featuring superior claims handling, sophisticated modeling and cutting-edge technology. The new offering gives agents the option to write an entire account with a single-carrier solution.
Glatfelter’s education program has provided workers comp for more than 10 years. In 2016, the company expanded the coverage to other divisions. According to Tom Thompson, senior vice president, Glatfelter Public Practice Underwriting, Glatfelter’s workers comp underwriting expertise exceeds an average of 30 years.
“This product both complements and improves the existing portfolio coverage for our agents and brokers,” Thompson explains. “We offer a competitive countrywide solution in the senior health care, public practice and religious practice segments as a complement to our package offerings.”
Program highlights include:
- Medical management: a pharmacy bill review that saves clients an average of 60%, as well as an opioid management program to help decrease use and lower spending
- Technology: access to IntelliRisk®, an award-winning system that makes detailed claim information available in real time and gives insureds and brokers the powerful ability to manage risk more effectively and efficiently
- Resolution: partnership with a team that assists with legal bill review, settlement strategy and claims counsel
- Risk management: online resources and in-house professionals with a dedicated focus on safety and risk exposures to help keep employees safe and company operations smooth
- Productivity Edge®: a nurse triage and outcome-based network program to provide guidance and ensure injured workers receive proper treatment
UNDERWRITING: Requirements include both ACORD and supplemental applications; five years of currently valued loss history, including details of large losses; and experience modification information. Each account is individually underwritten and may require additional information. Glatfelter must write the supporting package coverage.
MINIMUM PREMIUM: None, except when mandated by individual states.
TARGET: Glatfelter Healthcare Practice targets home health care agencies, hospice facilities and senior living risks, including assisted living facilities, nonprofit skilled nursing facilities, senior living apartments and continuing care retirement communities.
Glatfelter Public Practice targets schools, water systems, independent school bus contractors and miscellaneous public entities.
Glatfelter Religious Practice targets religious organizations including churches, synagogues, mosques and temples.
COVERAGE TERRITORY: Glatfelter Healthcare Practice is available in all states except AK, HI, OH, ND, WA and WY. Glatfelter Religious Practice is available in all states except AK, HI, OH, ND, WA and WY.
For Glatfelter Public Practice:
- Public school systems from prekindergarten through grade 12, community and junior colleges without dormitory exposures, and vocational schools available in all states except AK, HI, KY, LA, ND, OH, WA, WV and WY.
- Independent private schools and select religious private schools available in all states except AK, FL, HI, LA, ND, OH, OK, TX, VA, WA and WY.
- Charter schools available in all states except AK, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH,
- OH, OK, SD, TX, VA, VT, WA, WV and WY.
- School bus contractors are available for coverage in CA, CO, CT, DE, ID, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI,
- MN, MO, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, VA, VT and WI.
- Water entities available in all states except AK, HI, ND, OH, WA and WY.
- Miscellaneous public entities vary by state.
CONTACT: Glatfelter Insurance Group, PO Box 2726, York, PA 17405; 717-741-0911; Shawn Yingling, president, Glatfelter Healthcare Practice and Glatfelter Religious Practice; Mark McCrary, president, Glatfelter Public Practice.
Jacquelyn Connelly is former IA senior editor.