Arbella Edge for Restaurants offers enhanced property and general liability coverage for new customers and current policyholders who need increased limits and broader coverage.
PRODUCT: Arbella Edge for Restaurants
COMPANIES: Arbella Insurance Group
BEST RATING: A- (Excellent)
AVAILABILITY: Coverage is available through Arbella-appointed independent agents.
FOCUS: All restaurants need protection, but not every restaurant’s needs are the same. Getting the right protection is vital. Arbella and their network of independent agents have deep expertise in the nuances of all restaurant protections, offering three levels of tailored coverage, including Arbella Main Sail Coverage, Arbella Spotlight Coverage, and now, their newest and most comprehensive restaurant insurance product: Arbella Edge for Restaurants
“Today, restaurants are even more vulnerable to costly disruptions like electronic data breach, record theft, boil water orders, product recalls, and food contamination, which is why we have created a comprehensive suite of coverages with Arbella Edge for Restaurants,” says Susan Kostro, senior vice president and head of commercial lines, Arbella.
COVERAGE DETAILS: Arbella Edge for Restaurants replaces Arbella’s existing Dining Advantage endorsement and offers enhanced property and general liability coverage for new customers and current policyholders who need increased limits for a broader array of coverages.
In addition to financial reimbursement for covered losses, the product provides policyholders with extensive loss control support from experts who can assess existing vulnerabilities and provide best practices training to help minimize risks, which “prepares restaurants to avoid these losses in the first place. We think this is an Arbella Edge advantage,” Kostro says.
Arbella Edge for Restaurants provides policyholders with coverage when losses are associated with the following:
- Food contamination: Covers certain costs associated with a Public Health Authority requiring that operations be suspended due to the discovery, suspicion of or exposure to food contamination.
- Boil water order: Covers losses incurred due to the suspension of operations caused by a municipal boil-water order, such as if a community’s drinking water is con-taminated.
- Restaurant wine stock: Covers the value of a restaurant’s wine stock in the event of loss or damage resulting from a specified loss.
- Spoilage: Covers losses due to a change in temperature or humidity from mechanical breakdown or failure of refrigeration, cooling or humidity control equipment due to conditions beyond the policyholder’s control.
- Credit card fraud: Covers investigation, notification and monitoring expenses due to the acceptance of fraudulent credit card payments.
UNDERWRITING: No special underwriting requirements. A supplemental application is required.
MINIMUM PREMIUM: N/A
TARGET: Independently owned restaurants and small to mid-size chain restaurants.
COVERAGE AVAILABILITY: Coverage is available in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
CONTACT: Susan Kostro, senior vice president and head of commercial lines; Arbella Insurance Group; 617-328-2149.
Will Jones is IA senior editor.