This Month's Poll
Do your clients have coverage for a breakdown?
1) For around $50 annually, would a homeowners policy that covers home equipment breakdown and damage to service lines give you a sales or competitive edge?
2) What is the primary reason why you feel a customer would not purchase coverage to repair or replace home systems, appliances and electronics due to breakdowns?
Coverage appears to be too much like a home warranty policy
Lack of awareness that product is available
Concern that filing a homeowners equipment breakdown claim would affect premium or eligibility
3) Should homeowners policies include any of the following? Select all that apply.
Equipment breakdown coverage
Service line coverage
Home cyber protection
4) How many of your carriers currently offer homeowners equipment breakdown coverage and/or service line coverage?
More than two
5) To support my business, I would like to see more carriers offer additional coverage such as homeowners equipment breakdown coverage, service line coverage or home cyber protection.
Why Does Homeowners Insurance Exclude Certain Dog Breeds?
Should You Ever Alter Language on a COI?
House Committee Considers NFIP Reauthorization Package
Agency Perpetuation: A Success Story
Why Your Agency Needs a Trademark
Umbrella Coverage a Cut Above the Rest
4 Key Challenges Facing the Insurance Industry
Allstate Tackles Home-Sharing Exposures
Does Your Online Presence Leave an Impression?
Why Doing a ‘Good Job’ Won’t Get You Anywhere