The Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) has announced a webinar to detail the agent training and registration process in the new federally facilitated health insurance exchanges. The Big “I” encourages strong participation in this important event, as this webinar is more comprehensive and separate from the series of “preview” webinars CCIIO is holding this week on the training process only.
Exclusive to Big “I” members, this special event will be held on Friday, Aug. 23 from 1-2:30 p.m. ET, and is intended as a follow-up to the May 2013 Agent/Broker Role in Health Insurance Exchanges webinar held by CCIIO for the association’s membership.
Interested individuals are encouraged to register as soon as possible. The CCIIO has provided an informational flyer with the containing registration information. To register for the webinar with REGTAP, follow the steps below (if you have already registered a username and password from the previous webinar, you may skip steps 1 through 3).
- Visit regtap.info.
- Create a new account by clicking Register as a New User.
- During the new user registration process, you will be prompted to answer several questions. Under the drop-down menu for Organization Type, select Agents and Brokers. If you do not make this selection, you will be unable to participate.
- Log back into the system.
- Click on the Training Events icon.
- In Training Events, you will see an event called Agent Broker Participation in the Federally-facilitated Marketplaces (08/16/2013 - 09/27/2013).
- Click on the small magnifying glass icon to the left of this event.
- When prompted, enter this registration code: ABTR2345.
- You will then receive an email confirmation.
The registration for this event is capped by the Obama Administration at 1,000 participants. For this reason, when feasible, the Big “I” requests multiple participants use one computer to register and join the webinar.
In addition, the Big “I” has been informed that the Administration is barred from recording the presentation for legal reasons. However, the slides will likely be posted without audio on the REGTAP website after the presentation.
With any technical questions about registering for the webinar, please call REGTAP at 1-800-257-9520. With all other inquiries, please contact Ryan Young at 202-863-7000.